Friday, December 30, 2011

Speeding Ticket

So I've been on winter break from Stanford for the last couple weeks, but took that time to work some community service to help pay off a ticket I got for speeding over the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently, the police version of where the bridge ends and my understanding of where the bridge ends are different. Since the ticket was on the Marin side of the bridge I've had to serve my time up there. After some mundane work at the Marine Mammal Center, which is otherwise an amazing place to spend a day, I ended up at the Fairfax Library helping them out with a project. Of course I found it hard to resist the urge to encapsulate in images some of the lovely books I did see. Here is a sampling.


More potato prints from a book on beginning printmaking.

Art made by children of the Holocaust.

Concentration camp children's art in "...I Never Saw Another Butterfly..."

Lucha libre, child-size





Just some gorgeous SF themed book covers.

1 comment:

  1. I love the prints, and gosh, those book covers are just gorgeous. And the holocaust art made from collaged book pages! AUGH!

    ReplyDelete